Wednesday, January 27, 2010

procrastination

I must be the laziest person in the world. My bicycle project lies in pieces, months after I've salvaged the pieces. The materials clog up the common hallway and only the patience of my neighbours allow it to remain, a car wreck of parts.

My room looks like a tornado went through it, after since I've rearranged everything to be more sensible. Scattered parts of a hundred projects, all waiting their turn to be completed.

Even my photography materials, my cameras and film lie forgotten, just shy of being abandoned. Hundreds of dollars of equipment, left to waste.

Time is short, time is tight, no time for anything at all I lament. I book out on friday and book in on sunday and everything happens in between. But time, so precious and hard fought for is spent needlessly, in front of the computer, lazing around, wandering in futile pursuit. Like a beggar, upon finding himself a gold coin, wastes it on beer, wine and women.

Time waits for no one. My self discovery, self learning, self adventure through the world of books and magazines starts tonight. Salvaging the wreckage of each day by learning something new, every day.

1 comment:

pianophile said...

SURE YOU HAVE TIME TO COME OVER ON SUNDAY?