Monday, January 25, 2010

in the pits

Its hard to keep enthusiasm for something you never meant to happen. And thats keeping you away from your dreams. We all kid ourselves that its for the country, but what are we anchored if not solely our loved ones and money? Everything else has been prostituted in the name of progress. I see like minded people, with lofty dreams and visions, high achievers forced down, eclipsed by this spectre. A spectre is apt as the darkness ahead is gloomy and I cannot see my way forward. Nothing is celebrated except skiving, a perverse communism that oppresses hard work and rewards the unjust. But time and time again I see the light, praise the Lord! I refuse to drop mu standards and work now to reap the harvest later. No one may appreciate my work, a simple humble soldier; but I am determined to show my worth, to hold my head high and proud of my duty. Training perhaps for difficult times ahead.

No comments: