Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Woe woe woe


I am frustrated and it has to do with the quality, or more specifically the lack thereof, of my bicycle.

The problem is simple to understand;

Quality Chinese "Engineering" that saw me go through two sets of pedals and a set of clotters in a month. The first set of pedals gave way when I was pedaling back from the store at Lavender, the second is giving way as we speak. Is it a general thing or did I just win the lottery?

Assembling by an "Expert" team of workers that managed to forget to grease the seatpost and front stem of my bike, or basically anything at all. After the first day of my ownership (and a drizzle getting back) I find my bicycle chain covered in rust. Also, while attempting to fix my bicycle after knocking the handlebars askew, I find that the interior front stem is covered with rust with nay a grease in sight. The dirty four letter word, Rust rust rust rust.

"Quality" components like screws that strip faster then the experts from Playboy, leaving me with no steering whatsoever and leaving me with only the option to push my bicycle the 4 miles to the nearest bicycle store on foot to get it repaired.



For a bicycle that is reputed to be a workhorse, this is piss-poor performance. I don't pamper my bicycles but expect it to keep up with me in my daily routine. As it is, a $50 Martin or Urata MTB is much more reliable (and attractive) then my Flying Pigeon. If I wanted a project bike, I'll get a knocker Raleigh from an ah pek and start from there. In fact, that sounds bloody decent to me now.

Bleedin' heck.


---

No comments: