Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the end, we are all alike.

Two girls

Different ages
Different lifestyles

One living the high life, council, good grades, great school, awesome friends
The other struggling through school, losing friends and hurting those already close to her.

The princess and the pauper.

Both struggling to keep their heads above water,
clinging to their achievements, their friends, their God.
Both constantly questioning their existence.
Both fearful about what others say about themselves.

Both outwardly normal, card carrying Singaporeans
Silently screaming

Save
Our
Souls

Anyone?



Addendum:
I have this really bad habit of reading other people's blogs. It stems from my obsessive desire to read, anything anywhere anytime. It was during one of my exploratory trips into the underworld of the internet that I found this two girls, both so different and yet so alike. One from a N/A class in a neighbourhood secondary school, the other from the top class in a top Junior College. But both oh so fragile.

I sometimes wonder whether I enter this line of work more for my personal enjoyment and excitement or in order that I can perhaps help young people like them in whatever way I can.

No comments:

Blog Archive