Saturday, January 23, 2010

Guard duty, or why I am lying in bed in full uniform, in camp on a saturday

Guard duty.

I'm lying fully clothed on my (designated) bed, boots on (with blue! covers to protect the sheets). Ready for a turnout(!), or my shift, whichever comes first. My mates all around me, similarly clothed and lying in similar beds. Like blue and green peas in a pod. Its breezy as I type this message; through the wonders of technology; through my phone. The body is inactive, but the mind is in overdrive. Strange things happen when you're bored. Not when you're busy, I guess because your mind is focused, limiting its options to roam. Or as a compensation for my physical confinement in barracks, my mind gets to wander out through the wilderness of space and time to explore and contemplate. Or maybe its just that I think for too much for my own good.

No comments: