Sunday, June 21, 2009

foreign soil; alternative lifestyles

This is Samuel reporting from Lucy Lane, Perth where I am staying at my aunt's place till I move to my hotel cottage tomorrow.

It is cold, very cold, at least to a body used to humid 33 degrees heat from morning to night.

Heck, just this morning I work up at 3am in the morning sweating even though my fan was blowing at full blast.

But its a nice change from the heat, the crowds and the bustle.

Here it's nice and slow, peaceful and wide. Nothing really stands above 1 story and flat wide lands are the norm rather then the exception.

Things we take for granted, like public transport and street lamps is a luxury here.

Things we deem as luxury, like housing and cars isn't so much of a big deal here.

It's a joy, to be away from the home country for a bit at least, to see what else the world has to offer.

Because one man cannot be a island.

The air is fresher, the people different, the streets wide, the attractions many and the picture opportunities plentiful.

Oh yes, I think it's going to be a great trip ahead.


---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woh perth. I wish I could go there. sounds great. heh come back quick!

-AUDREY